Thursday, May 3, 2012

Interview with Author Diana M. Raab " WRITERS ON THE EDGE"


22 Writers speak about Addiction and Dependency. © 2012 By  Diana M. Raab and James Brown.

Author Diana M. Raab edited "Writers on the Edge", a collaboration of many short stories, essays, and poems about people written by well-known published writers and their struggles with addiction.


Interview:
With author  Diana M. Raab


What inspired the author to write the book(s)? 

The enormous amount of addictions in this country and how so many writers use writing as a way to heal. I facilitate many workshops on the healing power of writing so I am a big advocate of navigating one's way through difficulties by writing.

How did the author start writing?
I have been writing since the age of 10 when my mother gave me my first journal to help me cope with my grandmother's suicide. She was my caretaker and took her life in my childhood home. The rest of the story is based on my first memoir, REGINA'S CLOSET: FINDING MY GRANDMOTHER'S SECRET JOURNAL.


What was the author's favorite part of the book(s)?

I love all of it... I particularly liked and was honored by Jerry Stahl's Preface.

What was the hardest part to write in the book(s)?

Weeding through all the selections and finding the cream of the crop. Also, ensuring that all the authors met deadline.
What did the author wish was different about the book(s)?

More poetry
What are the author's favorite authors/books?
Who I am reading at the time! However, I have been inspired by Anais Nin, Honore Balzac, Flaubert, J.D. Salinger


If the author could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Anais Nin because her life and words have resonated with me for a long time. We both began journaling around the same age (10) to navigate our way through a traumatic event. Her father left the family and my grandmother committed suicide. Writing helped us heal.
Full book review of  "Writers on the Edge", Click  (_Here_)

Our friends at www.LHPress.com  would like to offer 2 copies of  "Writers on the Edge". Avaliable:  printed books or ebooks in Kindle, Kobo, and Nook.  Click  (_Here_)

NaturalHairLatina received one or more of the products mentioned above for free for evaluation purposes, received compensation to write this post and is an affiliate of one or more of the products and banners you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials In Advertising. NaturalHairLatina Disclosure. ©2012, copyright NaturalHairLatina

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I find writing a great way to process what is going on in my own life. I agree it can be very healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love poetry too so I wish every book had more of it.. That's why I love Lord of the Rings so much because there were all these "songs" which were really great poems :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting


Don't forget to share!

And Earn Money With Us - https://bit.ly/2KxMnG6

Grandma’s Best Christmas Candy Recipe: A Sweet Treat for the Holidays

Learn how to make Grandma’s best Christmas candy recipe at home with this easy-to-follow recipe. The holiday season is here, and what b...

Disclaimer:


NaturalHairLatina often receives compensation for post. And/or is an affiliate of one or more of the products and banners you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own and a good fit for readers. Any promotion on this site is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with any social media site. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials In Advertising. NaturalHairLatina Disclosure. ©2017, copyright NaturalHairLatina





Sign up for the WP Engine affiliate program and receive a minimum of $200 per referral!